West Sussex County Council offers its employees the opportunity to be a part of its exciting new future and to ultimately make a difference to the lives of those living in West Sussex.
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything that we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work life balance.
As a member of staff you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent local government pension scheme
- generous holiday entitlement of between 23 and 32 days, depending on how long you have worked for us and the job you do
- a range of flexible working options, depending on your job role
- maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- volunteering opportunities
- a childcare voucher scheme*
- training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- a range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers; groceries, travel, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities, high street retailers and the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform
- discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- a range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives
- health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- a salary finance scheme to help staff with financial wellbeing, offering hints and tips on managing money, guides for budgeting, saving and managing debt and low interest loans
- working for a Stonewall Diversity Champion
- working for a recognised 'Disability Confident' employer, which means we are positive about employing disabled people
- working for a veteran friendly employer.
*The Childcare Vouchers scheme is now closed to new entrants, however the Tax-Free Childcare scheme (GOV.UK) is available.